Nominations will be classified by jobs that are:
- Under $150,000 in contract dollars
- $150,001 – $450,000
- $450,001 – $850,000
- Over $850,001
- First Timer Submission
- Community Service
The following qualifications must be met in order to nominate a job.
- First Timer Submission – Your company must be submitting a job nomination for the first time in the past 16 years. Based on the numbers of entries received, jobs will be categorized by contract dollar size if necessary.
- Community Service – Contractors, material suppliers, manufacturers and other associate members can nominate a worthy charitable roofing project that has benefited a local community or individual during 2016. Manufacturer/Supplier/Contractor collaborations will be accepted and you can nominate yourselves.
- Your company must be a current member of the Colorado Roofing Association.
- You must have performed work on the job between December, 2015 and November, 2016.
- Five printed copies of the application packet and all the supporting materials must be submitted to the CRA by Friday, December 2, 2016.
- In addition to printed copies, please submit your application electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final entry must not exceed 8 ½” x 11″ letter size pages.
- Please feel free to submit multiple jobs for consideration.
- The application packet must be mailed to: Colorado Roofing Association
- Attn: Awards
- PO Box 740550
- Arvada, CO 80006
Please enclose a minimum of six pictures of the Project showing the various stages of the work that was completed. (Note: digital photos will also be accepted and must be in a “jpeg” format. Please deliver digital photos on CD with application or email directly to email@example.com by December 2, 2016. Also note that regardless of “winning” status, all job nominations photos will be shown in the slide presentation throughout dinner).
ALL JOBS ARE JUDGED ON:
- Creative Solutions to Roofing Problems (i.e.: special and/or unique design, cost-saving innovations, etc.)
- Workmanship/Difficulty of Installation (i.e.: unusual and/or unfamiliar materials, complexity of job, multiple types of roofing systems installed, numerous steps and/or phases, coordination with other trades, etc.)
- Specific Project Requirements (i.e.: job conditions, site restrictions such as height, roof slope & access, special equipment, weather, deadlines, etc.)
- Safety Procedures & Considerations (i.e.: crew and/or public safety, safety plan, safety hazards and/or special considerations, use of special machinery, etc.).
Please take into account that the only information on which the judges are able to make their decision is from the information you submit in your entry.
Sample Job of the Year Entries from Previous Years
$100,001 – $350,000
$350,001 – $750,000